When it comes to muscle building and fitness, there is a whole lot of conflicting and confusing information available over the internet. Here is a comprehensive list of 150 muscle building diet and fitness myths:
1) Diet control is important. Food intake should be every 3 hours in order to build muscle.
2) Training splits are important to a muscle building program and definitely better than full body workouts.
3) The maximum protein that your body and muscles can handle is 30 grams in one sitting.
4) Avoid fatty food in muscle building diet.
5) Eating immediately after lifting weights is important as it will help you to maximise gains.
6) One of the best exercises for losing weight is cardio.
7) You can create 6-pack abs only through endless sit ups and crunches.
8) Knee strengthening exercises should include only half squats and not deep squats
9) Women lifting heavy weights will end up building so much muscle mass that it will look disgusting.
10) Genetics plays an important role in building impressive muscles.
11) The best way to enjoy muscle gains is by adding more muscle building exercises to the current program and increasing the frequency of the exercises.
12) Working on biceps and triceps with a minimum of 12 direct sets each week is important for building impressive arms.
13) You need to hit your muscles from all angles for building great size.
14) Impressive muscle mass can be built without improving current muscle strength levels.
15) You need to continuously change your workouts frequently so that your gains don’t stall.
16) People following a hard workout in their fitness program will not require extra proteins daily. You will need extra proteins only if you want to build more muscle.
17) Through heavy exercising, you can spot reduce large amount of fat.
18) Athletes don’t require extra doses of protein in their fitness diet daily.
19) Squats will help you to build big legs.
20) If your diet contains high amount of protein then it will destroy your health and is bad for your kidneys.
21) Working on the flat bench press will help you build a big chest.
22) You need dead-lifts for building a big back.
23) Creatine is considered to be a steroid.
24) Creatine will destroy your kidneys and is known to be bad for overall health.
25) Think protein only and only protein.
26) By working really hard on muscle building exercises, a natural bodybuilder can have big muscles just like enhanced bodybuilders.
27) Muscle building is only possible through reps in the 8-12 range.
28) Muscle building possible only by focusing on the PCF ratio – which is protein, carbohydrate, and fat.
29) For building strength, only 1-5 rep sets are required.
30) Most power-lifters across the world are fat.
31) Bodybuilders are not considered to be strong
32) Power-lifters lack muscle mass.
33) Bulking causes extra amount of fat gain.
34) A perfect and magical muscle building program exists out there somewhere.
35) In order to become strong, you need to carry extra fat.
36) If you eat cholesterol then you will amass high cholesterol in your body.
37) Eating beef is not recommended as it leads to high cholesterol, heart disease, heart attacks, stroke, and high blood pressure.
38) Scientific studies should be preferred vis-à-vis real world results.
39) Gym trainers can help you build muscle by implementing muscle building programs.
40) A 5×5 fitness program is meant for those who are interested in building strength.
41) Companies offering fitness supplements are only there to make money.
41) Using muscle building supplements is a waste of money and time.
42) Supplements are nothing but a bag of exaggerations
43) The principles of Joe Weider are always 100% correct.
44) Mike Mentzer is right in saying that there is only one possible way to train.
45) You can master the dead-lift form within a few months.
46) You can master the squat form within a few months.
47) It is pointless to supplement with branched chain amino acid supplements (BCAAs)
48) As an advanced natural bodybuilder you can easily experience a 5-pound muscle gain.
49) You can master the bench press form within a few months.
50) You should train to achieve super high volume just like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
51) You need to use strict form only and refrain from cheating on any exercise.
52) GOMAD or a gallon of milk a day is an outdated muscle building concept.
53) A good indicator of effectiveness of muscle building workouts is muscle soreness (DOMS)
54) In order to build muscle, you need to experience muscle pump.
55) Professional bodybuilders always eat clean throughout the year.
56) Professional bodybuilders remain very lean throughout the year.
57) You can build muscle mass through a mind muscle connection.
58) Taking steroids means that you would reach high strength levels.
59) Taking steroids will make you look massive as a bodybuilder.
60) Power-lifters eat all kinds of food throughout the year.
61) You can use your muscle building diet as a tool against a bad training program.
62) When cutting, use lighter weight.
63) The shape of your bicep peak can be changed.
64) The safest training method is using machines.
65) During cutting you need to drop to higher reps
66) Women don’t require dumbbell and barbell exercises.
67) Women need different muscle training programs than men.
68) It is useless to rely on Testosterone boosting supplements.
69) Supplement X is a perfectly legal steroid!!!
70) In a single month, you can add as much as 30 pounds of muscle.
71) Fill in the gaps in your muscle building and fitness routine by introducing specific exercises.
72) A strong person has all the right answers
73) A person with perfect body will have perfect answers.
74) If you stop weight lifting suddenly then the muscles will be replaced by fat.
75) If you start weight lifting then all your fat will be replaced by muscle.
76) Exercising regularly will keep fat out and help you eat any type of food.
77) Eating eggs is not a healthy food option.
78) Drinking whole milk in not considered healthy.
79) Progressing to heavier weights during exercise routine is not necessary.
80) Both men as well as women can use light weights for their training and toning.
81) High intensity exercise techniques like supersets and drop sets are required for building muscles.
82) Those using steroids can never train hard enough.
83) Trust online muscle building and fitness advice only if it sounds practical.
84) Train and train till you fail! There is no other option.
85) If you are unable to make progress then you are a hard-gainer.
86) Fruits are not good for you.
87) If you want to achieve weight loss, drink protein shakes.
88) If your fitness program and exercise routine is not supported by at least 72 studies, then it is nothing but broscience.
89) Whey protein will make you fat.
90) Protein shakes help in weight gain
91) Use supplements to gain muscle mass as well as strength without having to do workouts.
92) Making progress training 2 times a week is not possible.
93) Creatine can lead to severe muscle cramps.
94) New or inexperienced lifters can use instinctive or unstructured training.
95) One of the primary causes of gyno is chest building exercises
96) Working out every day is extremely important.
97) If you have extra muscle in your body then it will slow you down.
98) Fat burners never work and is a waste of time.
99) If you eat healthy then you will never require food supplements.
100) You need to add extra fat to build extra muscle.
101) Omega-3 fatty acid supplements are not required as your body makes them naturally.
102) You can achieve a good workout only when you feel a burn.
103) Extra muscles can make you highly inflexible.
104) Extra muscles will always slow you down.
105) Training for even a second more than 60 minutes can make your body catabolic.
106) Isolation exercises can be use for shaping muscles.
107) You can prevent accumulation of fat by following low fat diets.
108) Sweating during a workout will help you lose fat.
109) You need to carb load in order to maximise your performance.
110) Whey protein shake or water is not as good as sports drinks.
111) A machine exercise workout is useless.
112) An isolation exercise workout is useless.
113) If you have muscle mass then it means you have good health.
114) The best method of building muscle is super slow lifting.
115) Leg extensions are less dangerous than squats.
116) It is fairly common to over-train
117) If your strength or muscle gains are slow then there is something wrong with your workout or you have plateaued.
118) Cardio exercises restrict muscle building.
119) Squats can lead to a massive butt size.
120) Stretching can help lower the chances of getting injured during training.
121) It is safer and better to run on a treadmill than on the road or pavement.
122) If you are exercising regularly then a change in eating habits in not required.
123) A meat diet is unhealthy vis-à-vis a vegetarian diet
124) If you are sore then avoid workouts!
125) A good workout will lead to workout pain.
126) Short muscle building and fitness workout is never beneficial.
127) If you feel good then you will perform better. Your mindset will affect your performance.
128) Cardio exercises alone cannot guarantee good health.
129) New equipments in a gym are the safest for workouts.
130) If you want to build big legs then use a bicycle.
131) Sweating after a workout can remove toxins from your body.
132) Abdominal exercises can help you lose all your love handles.
133) If you do cardio on an empty stomach then it will lead to quick fat burning.
134) You can replace resistance-focused leg workout with running.
135) Your performance will be determined by how you feel.
136) Avoid eating at night as it will make you fat.
137) Need for a deload increases if you undergo a bad workout.
138) Believe 100% in your doctor when it comes to health and fitness.
139) Every calorie counts although nutritional density of a calorie is not important.
140) You can work-out wearing any type or kind of footwear or shoe.
141) Lose all your extra fat if you intend to start resistance training workout.
142) The water content in your juice or coffee is inconsequential.
143) Cholesterol is not good for you.
144) In order to achieve excess fat loss, you need to decrease your daily calorie intake dramatically.
145) All types of saturated fats are not good for you.
146) High level of cholesterol is a symptom of bad health.
147) Always choose food alternatives with low sugar quantity
148) Always opt for food that has low fat
149) Butter has zero nutritional value and hence a bad food choice.
150) Believe in the fact that all fitness, diet, and muscle building experts know better.