- 100% Pure & Effective
- Highest Quality Pharmaceutical Grade
- Researched & Developed By Experts
- Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
100+ reviews of pharmamuscle.com
Perfect in every way. The quality of Pharmamuscle supplements is second to none. I've tried most on the market, and these really do stand out. The buying experience was easy and the delivery arrived the very next day..
Best Swimmers Sports Nutrition
Publish date: 20/07/2013
Swimming is really an exciting way to get fit and healthy. But it is hard on the body and needs a lot of energy and nutrients to control you during your swimming session. It does not matter if you are a pool swimmer or an open water swimmer, but you should always take high quality sports nutrition supplements to fuel your body and to optimise your recovery process to perform better. To swim well, you should be strong, fit and powerful for every stroke. These sports supplements can help you with increased swimming stamina, speed and recovery and prepare you for taking your training for the next higher level. Whether you are participating in a fitness session or some competitive event, sports nutrition will always boost your swimming performance. It is necessary for you to refuel at right times.
Carbohydrates, protein and fluids are vital for every sport person, so is the case with swimmers, as they need a lot of energy when they are in the water. Still if you are a fit and healthy swimmer, low fuel level and dehydration can quickly affect your swimming performance.
- Carbohydrate is a very important fuel used to generate energy. You should keep your limited muscle glycogen stores well stocked for an improved performance. This stored carbohydrate is broken down in muscle cells and produce the energy required for high strength and long swimming sessions.
- Swimmers lose about 2 litres of fluid and the required sodium in the body during their 60 minutes of swimming. This can result in 5% decline in your performance, loss of focus and a decreased blood volume and oxygen. But the swimmers can take the proven sports fuel such as Maxifuel which can increase speed, focus, stamina and power during their training and competitive events and helps maintain the swimming energy.
Key Diet for Swimmers
- Swimmers should eat every 2 to 3 hours and with every meal they should take slow release carbohydrates including pasta, oatmeal, rice, whole meal bread or fruit.
- They should take a carbohydrate and protein based diet including lean mince and jacket potato, 2 to 3 hours before starting their swimming.
- 20 minutes prior to swimming, drink 250ml of some sport drink or gel including Viper Active and Viper Boost, which provide fast digested carbohydrates, electrolytes and fluid.
- While swimming, you can drink 250ml of Viper Active sports drink or gel every 60 minutes. Viper-active contains BCAA (branched chain amino acids) which help in building focus, stamina and maintain muscle repair.
- Sports scientists have recommended that whey protein and carbohydrate taken immediately after swimming quickly help in refilling energy and power lost after intense exercise. You can take a good high quality drink such as Recovermax within 20 minutes of finishing your swimming.
- After 90 minutes of your swimming, you can eat a whole-food meal of complex carbohydrates and lean protein.
- Taking genuine energy drinks or gels and recovery shakes will quickly boost your swimming performance. But if you want to get extra add Creatine to your nutrition. You can get Creatine from beef. It is stored in muscles and provides rapid energy. It is taken by several Olympic level swimmers.
- A sprint swimmer who requires more power and strength should take weight training sessions and consume protein about 1.8g per kg of body weight every day. Protrient shakes help increase your protein intake.
- You can take Cyclone, the unique muscle growth shake, for strong muscles.
- Take Maxifuel to make your swimming nutrition easy.